Kicking off the school year with Camp!
If you think the fun stops after an amazing summer, think again! We immediately transition right into our field trip season and prepare our facilities and programs to serve our WELS schools. Our field trip season ranges from Kindergarten to high school, high ropes course to team challenge course, waterfront to archery, outdoor games to song period, geocaching to disc golf, Bible study to campfire, and so much more in between!
Don't take our word for it...
"This year was also the second year I have made the trip to camp with my class of third and fourth graders (pictured). We enjoyed an afternoon and evening in beautiful fall weather, slept overnight in the cabins, and spent the following morning there, too. After two overnight trips to Camp (with two very different classes!), I can confidently say that any group of students will grow and learn from time at camp together, especially if their teacher makes an ongoing connection between the lessons learned at camp and the challenges and opportunities the students face at school" (K. Poston, St. John's, Lannon, 2016).
Spring field trip season is just around the corner, but why wait? Winter at Camp is just as fun--tubing, cross-country skiing, broom ball, fellowship, and more!
We love to help "start [your] children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it" (Proverbs 22:6, NIV).
Relaxation in Creation, Renewal in Christ
And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching." -- Hebrews 10:24-25.
When did a retreat weekend feel like a summer camp week? During the Confirmation Retreat weekend! This past confirmation retreat, the Lord blessed us with 128 7th-8th grade confirmation students and 29 chaperones from Wisconsin and Minnesota. Camp Phillip was completely full--we even broke in our new red "Good News Caboose" for housing!
October kicked off with the ever grateful Work Weekend, followed by the always fun Women's Retreat, the surprisingly massive Confirmation Retreat, the Teen Retreat aka summer staff reunion ;) , the intriguing Gamers' Retreat, and the highly productive Quilting Retreat.
Are there any retreats you would like to see at Camp Phillip? Perhaps a men's retreat, a portaging/backpacking retreat, a class reunion? Let us know!
In the meantime, still more retreats to come. Check the upcoming event dates below.
• If you have been to Camp lately, you will notice that Pastor Tom is doing well. By God's grace he has recovered from his open heart quintuple bypass surgery. Pastor Tom also participated in the 4th Annual 5K!A new perspective on Ephesians 2--ask him about it the next time you see him!
• We are thrilled to announce our 2016-2017 Camp Phillip Board of Directors: Johan Ihlen (President), Ian Schaefer (Vice President), Andrew Lehman (Secretary), Jack Zabrowski (Treasurer), Mark Emond, Tad Schubring, Mark Tews, Chuck Vollrath, and Matt Werner. Many thanks and blessings to Pastor Roger Riedel for serving as our Board President for the past four years.
• Looking for a gift? Check out our Camp store; now, with free shipping on purchases over $50!
• Are you a Thrivent member? Consider supporting Camp Phillip through a Thrivent Action Team. Contact Matthew at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Registration for Camp Phillip's Congregational Day Camp 2017 is just around the corner. Our new summer theme is very "i"opening! Camp Phillip will provide 2 SALT staff and 3 Junior staff, and Day Camp activities include: adventure, outdoor recreation, bible story, crafts, snack, and a special activity.
• Sign up for registration will go live at noon on December 14th. First come first serve with limited openings. For more information, please contact Sy via email email@example.com or phone 920-787-3202.